GI detox, Ultimate probiotic formula. Side effects of liquirice and excessive use of probiotics, different aspects and bacteria (probiotic use) was discussed wit him. (www.swansonvitamins.com) 800-437-4148
Points to remember
- Know the species and strain
- Number of organism - more than 7 strains and more than 5 billion CFU (colony forming units)
- Keep it away from moisture and heat
- Storage often times refrigeration is needed
- Must look for "viable through end of shelflife" You don't want dead bacteria!
- Encapsulated pills so they survive acidity of stomach
- Prefer to have certification by independent third party
- Only FDA approved pro biotic is VSL 3#
Travellers diarrhea - Saccharomyces boulardii weeks before your travel
Lactose intolerance - Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus and Streptococcus thermophiles
ISS - Bifidobacterium infantis 35624, Lactobacillus plantarum 299V or Bifidobacterium bifidum MIMBb75 can help with gas, bloating, pain and regulate BM
While on antibiotics - Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG or Saccharomyces boulardii 6 hours prior to each antibiotic dose with CFU more than 10 billion and continue for 14 more days after termination of antibiotics
Eczema - Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001, Lactobacillus fermentum VRI - 003 PCC
Cold - Bifidobacterium animalis Bi07 or Lctobacillus acidophilus NCFM can help boost body immunity
Vaginal infection - Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-l and Lactobacillus reuteri RC - 14. The last 2 are the best for this.
Sad breath / Gingivitis - Lactobacillus reuteri LR- lor LR - 2. Possibly Weisella cibaria may help freshen breath.